Post-Doctoral Researcher in Epidemiology & Physical activity - LM0821
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
Dr. Laurent Malisoux, PhD, Head of this research group, is seeking a post-doctoral fellow for a project on physical activity behaviour in the general population in Luxembourg. More specifically, the post-doc fellow will investigate the physical activity patterns and their associations with health risk factors and conditions in adult luxembourgish residents, based on results from a nationwide population-based study (ORISCAV-LUX 2) where the participants wore an accelerometer for 7 days. Furthermore, the applicant will support the head of this research group in writing project proposals and may be involved in other projects that would be initiated in the meantime.
A close collaboration with other teams of the Department within LIH is foreseen.
The main tasks of the post-doc fellow will be to apply different approaches for the characterisation of physical activity patterns, to investigate the association with health conditions and write peer-review scientific articles.
- Organization of epidemiological databases.
- Definition of physical activity descriptors and patterns.
- Calculation of prevalence and descriptive statistics.
- Use of compositional data analysis and regression models.
- Discussing results within the group & other researchers.
- Participation in project meetings & giving presentations.
- Writing and submission of peer-review scientific articles.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in Sports Sciences (with a focus on physical activity), Epidemiology or comparable.
- Experience in working on large datasets.
- Good statistical knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical programs (R or STATA).
- Strong ability to publish peer-review scientific articles and present research results in academic.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent planning and communication skills, ability to work in complex, multi-disciplinary teams and to coordinate work
- Good proficiency in English (written & oral). Any other language in use in Luxembourg would also be an asset (French, German, Luxembourgish)
Contract type : 6-month fixed-term contract
Work hours : Full time - 40h/week
Start date : 1 December 2021